Sunday, December 4

Eggnog bread



Eggnog isn't really popular around here, I can't say it's a staple holiday food for most families in Montréal like it is in the United States. I discovered it a few years ago because it was sold in the grocery store near my house in December. I can't say I love it, but I like anything sweet and rich, so I bought some again this year. I found this recipe last year, and I don't really remember where it comes from. I wanted to bake banana bread for breakfast, but there wasn't enough bananas so I decided to try this recipe. I modified it slightly.
---
Eggnog bread
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup eggnog
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. brandy
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan and line it with greased waxed paper.
Beat eggs, add sugar, eggnog, butter, brandy and vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg together and add them to the eggnog mixture. Stir until just moistened. Pour into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool bread completely before slicing.
---
I have to say it was really good! Everyone liked it, even my younger brother who is really difficult when it comes to food. It was moist and it really did taste like eggnog and nutmeg. I'm definitely going to keep this recipe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Tarzile said...

Je n'ai jamais osé un eggnog.

Imagine la traduction : un lait de poule!

Peut-être cette année...

Tarzile

9:53 AM  
Blogger texmex said...

Hum le lait de poule aux USA pour Noel, tout le monde en raffole et achete ca au supermarche du coin.

Ca se fait aussi très bien a la maison. Cool le cake.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Clara said...

C'est très riche et sucré le lait de poule.. Je pense que les Américains boivent ça avec du brandy, mais je n'aime pas vraiment l'alcohol alors j'en ai mis dans un gâteau à la place [!]

11:00 AM  
Anonymous brigitte said...

je détestait cela quand j'habitais en floride;-) maintenant que je n'y suis plus je vais tester ta recette.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home